Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

PBW Review for Cleaning Carboys

PBW is more expensive but works wonders

From nasty to clean with PBW
PBW is not cheap, but it's a wonderful and easy way to clean your carboy.  If you rinse the carboy out a couple times from the spent yeast then add in the PBW with hot water for 24 hours it will amaze you at how clean the carboy will be.

I have been using PBW for the past year after I got fed up using a carboy scrub brush and I will never look back.  Some people use Oxiclean Free instead as it also works and is a cheaper alternative.  I brew at least two to three times a month and I still have a ton of PBW left, so it's expensive up front but lasts a good long time.

You have to make sure to clean the carboy right after you transfer your beer and don't leave out the yeast.  The PBW will still clean the carboy but you are more likely to get the best results if you clean with PBW the same day.

Pros:
- Easy to use
- Does a great job cleaning the carboy
- Lasts a long time

Cons:
- Way too expensive and Oxiclean Free can be used instead

I give it a 4/5 star review.

No comments:

Post a Comment